Kwikset 99070-101 Powerbolt 2 Door Lock – Best smart lock
The world is moving towards improvement to make life easier. Security is one of the necessities of life, and people are now more conscious about to have easy and reliable ways to get secured. While other things are getting improved here, the industry has also provided the best security tools to make life easier.
Industries should be for finally converting locks into the digital ages. It was a time when we all have experienced to lost our keys and have to replace the lock, danger of thieves, and the hectic job to replace the door locks. Now we can get rid of all of those problems. Replace your locks into the digital ones.
Best smart locks overall
There is a wide range of smart locks, but few of them are leading in the E-commerce field. The Kwikset smart locks are one of the best. With multiple features, it’s user-friendly, but if you want to secure your homes with a smart lock, and have faith that it’s working, this is the product to get.
Kwikset 99070-101 Powerbolt 2 is easy to install. Initial installation takes a few minutes; you can install it with just a screwdriver. Creating and changing the code is easy, so you don’t need to get the messy procedure. Its features allow you to re-key the lock just in 3 easy steps.
These electronic deadbolts are locked and unlocked from the exterior with a key or access code, and operate from the inside with an associated thumb turn. It’s one temporary code feature that provides you extra security. Where security is desired, you can use these locks there.
Make sure you delete the default code (1234) so people can’t use it. Pick a good master code that you can remember. The unlock code must be 4 to 10 digits that are not repeating. There can be up to 6 codes and a “one-time user” code that deletes itself after one use.
Some of the main features are listed below.
- It provides Keyless entry, so you don’t need to hide your keys under the mat or no worries for lockouts.
- For your family and guests, you can get 6 codes.
- It is easy to install, get a screwdriver and install it in minutes
- These locks are operated in multiple ways, by electronic keypad, or you can operate it by key from outside and thumb turn inside.
- These are the best Fits for standard residential doors preparations.
- SmartKey Security features as re-key allows you just in 3 simple steps.
- It provides a strong bumpGuard protection to keep safe from lock bumping
- After 5 false entries, it will create an Alarm sounds, and the keypad will be deactivated for 45 seconds
- For extra security, it provides master code features
- BHMA Grade 3
- Easy configure auto door locking feature for after 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 seconds
- With extra security, get one temporary code for one-time entry.
- Its Backlit exterior keypad helps in visibility at night
- Runs on 4 AA batteries which you’ve to purchased separately
- Get a 1-year electronics warranty and lifetime warranty for mechanical and finish.
- Backset: Adjustable 2-3/8″ or 2-3/4″
- Cross Bore: 1-1/2″, 2-1/8″
- Edge Bore: 1″
- Door Thickness: 1-3/8″, 1-1/2″, 1-5/8″, 1-3/4″
- Projection: 1.9375″
- Latch Faceplate: Round Corner
- Cylinder: SmartKey 5 Pin
- Easy to install and program
- It’s easy to re-key this smart lock
- larger strike plate
- cheap price
- Strong motorized deadbolt
- You can turn on & off key beeping.
- No information about the automatic lock features
- The internal locking mechanism is made of plastic.
- Slow and deliberate press to work correctly
- No battery life indicator